The Exhibit Museum of Natural History in Ann Arbor Somewhere around 1974 or 1975, I became fascinated with dinosaurs. I couldn't have been more than six or seven, and at that time, dinosaurs weren't marketed to kids like they are now. Most boys wanted to be baseball players or astronauts. I wanted to be a paleontologist. My mom can recall this much better than I can, but somewhere around that time we took an AMTRAK trip to Chicago to see the city. I couldn't wait to see the Field Museum and the wondrous dinosaurs skeletons that I could see. Apparently, on the train trip a paleontologist was on the trip, and, as it's been related to me, I kept him entertain with a precocious amount of knowledge on dinosaurs for a lad in first grade. Latin terminology, correct pronounciations, knowing what "saurischia" and "ornithischia" meant, the extinction of the dinosaurs...I was a six-year-old who wanted to learn more and more a...
http://www.detroitradioflashbacks.net/retroreplay5/TigerTheme88961.mp3
ReplyDeleteHi:
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the post...
Detroit Radio Flashbacks updated the link to the theme...
http://www.detroitradioflashbacks.net/flashbacks/drfsports/TigerTheme88961.mp3
My next task is to find the sheet music.
ReplyDeleteThanks again. I'm originally from Detroit, so reading about the theme is enjoyable.
I think it's a dead link now.
ReplyDeleteyes, that is now a dead link. can anyone please email me a copy as an MP3 file?
ReplyDeletemy email: 1855MAC at gmail.com
thank you so much.
bob in michigan
I was able to find a site that still has the old Tigers March at http://www.mcrfb.com/files/Detroit%20Sports//Detroit%20Tiger%20Baseball%20Theme.mp3
ReplyDeleteHope this will help folks still looking.
Thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was very helpful!!!
We too are searching. Does anyone know whether it was written for the Tigers (by whom? Date? Actual title?) or was cribbed from something else? Sounds like an old newsreel march from WW2.
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I had virtually the identical experienceso fromantic 68 thru the 70s. Thankyou. That tune was burned my brain. Love it.
ReplyDeleteI downloaded a copy of the tune with the Tiger growl and Paul Carey doing the voiceover. But does anyone know the name of this song? I also remember hearing it on Late Night With Letterman when he did a mock newsreel.
ReplyDelete